points - Details)
Have you ever been bullied? Betrayed by a friend? Critical of who you see in the mirror every day? Born with a clubfoot and enduring intense physical and emotional pain because of it, international speaker, TEDx speaker, and anti-bullying author Chloe Howard will help you overcome the pain and struggles in your own life, coming alongside you as a friend on your journey to live happy and free.
You are enough. You are a daughter of God. And no matter how hard life gets, you don’t have to do it alone. In Stand Beautiful, Chloe shares her story of being bullied about a birth defect as a freshman and how it helped her not only overcome self-doubt, it also gave her the courage to rise up and speak out to help others.
Ultimately, Stand Beautiful will inspire young people ages 12 and up to:
- Be brave and find beauty within diversity
- Speak up against injustice and stand up for what is right
- Redefine beauty as more than what the eye can see
- Stop being self-destructive and choose self-empowerment
Fueled by a powerful encounter with Bono from the band U2, Stand Beautiful features:
- A special insert with full-color pictures of Chloe’s journey
- A “Lessons Learned” section that highlights valuable lessons every teen should know
- An “Interview with Chloe” section that gives readers details about her favorite iTunes playlist, books on her bookshelf, and much more
- The encouragement and hope teens need to accept their unique selves, just as they are