points - Details)
Find Your Artistic Voice helps artists and creatives identify and nurture their own visual identity.
This one-of-a-kind book helps artists navigate the influence of creators they admire, while simultaneously appreciating the value of their personal journey.
• Features down-to-earth and encouraging advice from Congdon herself
• Filled with interviews with established artists, illustrators, and creatives
• Answers the question “how do I develop a unique artistic style?”
An artist’s voice is their calling card—it’s what makes each of their works vital and particular, but developing such singular artistry requires effort and persistence.Find Your Artistic Voice offers everyday strategies, inspirational anecdotes, and practical advice to push through fear and insecurity in your artistic practice.
• Makes a perfect gift for aspiring artists and creatives, serious hobbyists, art students, makers, teachers, budding creative professionals, and fans of Lisa Congdon
• A self-help creativity book for those looking for artistic guidance
• Great for those who enjoyed reading The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron, Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert, and Art/Work: Everything You Need to Know (and Do) As You Pursue Your Art Career by Heather Darcy Bhandari and Jonathan Melber
From the Publisher
This book is your guide to the process of artistic self-discovery.
Let artist and bestselling author Lisa Congdon lead you on a journey of working your own creative magic.
From the Introduction:
This book is intended for every category of artist: amateurs, life-long hobby artists, aspiring professionals, and current professionals alike. Whether you are just starting your artistic journey, are right in the middle of it, or are rejoining after a hiatus, I hope you find this book edifying, encouraging, and motivating.
Chapters in the book include:
What Is An Artistic Voice?
Begin Anyhow: Moving Through Fear
Strategies for Developing Your Own Voice
Find Your Artistic Voice: The Essential Guide to Working Your Creative Magic (Art Book for Artists, Creative Self-Help Book)